General Cover Image Design Information
- Design separate art files for the front cover and back cover (TWO JPG or PNG files).
- FastPencil generates the SPINE according to your book page count. You’ll select a solid color that fits your design scheme. Text, if your book is thick enough, can be added.
- Do NOT include Crop Marks.
- Color profile: Save as RGB (our system converts to CMYK).
- Keep text at least 0.5 inches from TRIM edge.
- All pixel dimensions based on 300 PPI (pixels per inch)
Everything you need to know about Cover Design according to your chosen book format is located within the Setup Publication button – our publishing wizard – that can be accessed through your Project Dashboard.
When you reach the Book Cover step within the publishing wizard, you will be able to Upload Images, add your Title and Author Name, select background colors, and edit your spine. Screenshot of guided publishing wizard below.
Start a new project to upload your cover files now at fp.fastpencil.com